Eid Mubarak! Eid isn’t complete without delicious Pakistani food and we all know that the best recipe’s are the age-old ones that have been passed down from generation to generation. In Mahira Khan home, one such recipe is that of her grandmother’s savaiyoon ka zarda. We got her to show us how to make it so that all of you can enjoy it this Eid too. Watch the video below for the full recipe!
3 tablespoons ghee
1 cup of milk
10 tablespoons sugar
1 packet savaiyaan
- In a hot pan cook 3 tablespoons ghee and cardamom.
- In a separate pan cook 1 cup milk with 10 tablespoons sugar
- Break the savaiyaan into smaller pieces and add it into the pan with ghee.
- Now add the milk mixture and let it cook on low simmer for 20 minutes.
- Garnish the savaiyaan with crushed almonds and pistachio.