For some reason food always looks so mouth-wateringly delicious on TV. We don’t know about you but our favourite was the iconic Krabby Patty burger from Spongebob Squarepants! How we wished to take a bite of that juicy, perfectly proportional burger.
Our dreams came true when we recently tried to recreate the Krabby Patty using Dipitt’s Smokey BBQ Sauce. Now we don’t need to wonder what the mysterious burger tastes like. Watch the video of us making this burger and try it out yourself!
Follow the Recipe:
- 1 beef fillet (we used filet mignon)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp meat tenderizer
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 head of lettuce
- 1 tomato
- 1 onion
- 1 slice of Cheddar cheese
- Burger buns
- 2-3 tbsp Dipitt’s Smokey BBQ sauce (you can adjust according to taste)
- Marinate the beef fillet with the black pepper, salt and meat tenderiser to soften the meat. Rub some olive oil on the meat and leave in the fridge for at least an hour to get the marinade soaked in.
- Heat up a pan on medium heat and add some olive oil. Once the pan is hot, put the beef fillet in the pan and cook on each side for 4-6 minutes, depending on how you like your meat.
- Once the meat is cooked, put it aside and toast the burger buns in the same pan.
- Now it’s time to assemble! Use Spongebob’s order: bun, beef patty, lettuce, onion, tomato and Cheddar cheese.
- Next, add the secret sauce: Dipitt’s Smokey BBQ sauce! You can also add some pickles for an extra zing.
- Enjoy your very own Krabby Patty!