In the second episode of Kashmir Khaana Kahani presents Khandani Kitchen, we got Bilal Ashraf to teach Mahira Khan how to make the most delicious, juicy burger. Watch the full video to witness all the fun they had and scroll down for the full recipe.
Classic Juicy Burger
- Kashmir cooking oil
- Finely chopped onions
- Garlic paste
- Ginger paste
- Green chili sauce
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Gouda cheese slices
- Burger buns
- 2 eggs
- 4 teaspoons yoghurt
- 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 kg beef minced meat (qeema)
1. In a grilling pan, pour out some oil. Move the pan around so that the oil is evenly distributed. Now put a bowl of finely chopped onions into the pan and start to fry.
2. Next add 1/2 a teaspoon of garlic paste, and 1/2 a teaspoon of ginger paste into the same pan. Keep stirring till the onions start turning a little reddish. Then set them aside and let them cool down.
3. Put the minced meat into a large bowl. Add a pinch of salt, a pinch of pepper, 4 teaspoons of yoghurt, 3 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce, 1 tablespoon butter, 2 eggs, 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese. Now use both hands and mix all the ingredients together well.
4. Now add the cooked onions into the bowl and mix them in well.
5. Place the meat into a burger molder so that the meat can form a shape. Press the lid down and wipe of any excess meat from around the molder. Now flip the molder to take the meat off.
6. Place the patties into the fridge for about 4-5 hours so they can become a little firmer.
7. Mix some green chili sauce with some mayonnaise. (Optional: you can chop some jalapeños and mix them into the sauce). Set the sauce aside.
8. Now add some butter into a grilling pan. Transfer the patties into the pan and start cooking. Once the meat has start to cook and becomes firmer, flip it over to cook the other side.
9. As the burger is cooking, put a slice of gouda cheese on the patty.
10. Now put both burger buns (face down) on the pan with the butter, and gently move it around.
11. Set the buns on a plate and smear some of the chili paste on the bottom side of the bun. Next place the burger patty on top. Now put green chili sauce on top along with gherkins or ketchup as desired. Put the other bun on top and enjoy!