Sometimes the best advice we give actually comes from you! Mashion Insider Maha Rizvi sent us this oatmeal strawberry mask that is great treatment for a day spent in the sun! Plus it looks (and smells) amazing! Check it out below!
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 strawberries
- Blend the rolled outs in a blender until it becomes a fine powder and pour into a bowl.
- Add yoghurt and honey and mix well.
- In a separate blender, blitz the strawberries until they form a paste.
- Add the strawberries to your mixture and mix well. If your paster is too watery, add more oats. You should have a thick paste.
- Let the mixture rest for 10-15 minutes then apply on to clean skin.
- Keep on for 10-20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
Some skin types are sensitive to certain ingredients. Please patch test on another area – such as the inside of your elbow or hand – before applying anything on your face.
About the mask: Oats act as a gentle exfoliator and the strawberries are packed with benefits. They’re a source of AHA, which is a natural exfoliator, and are high in Vitamin C, which tightens and brightens the skin. Yoghurt contains lactic acid, which helps soothe the skin and honey is full of anti-oxidants. All these ingredients make this mask the perfect way to treat sun damage!