Sometimes the best advice we give actually comes from you! A Mashion Insider sent in this DIY teeth whitening mask that claims to get rid of even the toughest of stains. Try it out for yourself:
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1. Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Brush your teeth as you normally would with toothpaste.
3. After you’re done, scoop out some of the mixture on a separate toothbrush.
4. Brush your teeth with the whitening mixture for up to one minute.
5. Spit and rinse, and make sure not to use a white towel when wiping dry, to avoid colour staining.
About this mask: Turmeric is a natural alternative to the chemical teeth whiteners people often use. It’s also a well-known anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial herb, making it useful for dental hygiene. Coconut oil, too, is good for oral health and helps in reducing plaque buildup, as well as preventing tooth decay.
Disclaimer: Some skin types are sensitive to certain ingredients. Please patch test on another area – such as the inside of your elbow or hand – before applying anything on your face.